Biden Announces New COVID ‘One-Stop Shop’ Website, Gets Second Booster Shot


The Biden administration has launched a new website designed to direct people to government resources meant to treat COVID-19, the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus.

The new site, COVID.gov, provides links to locations with free N-95 masks and COVID vaccines, and ways to get mail-in COVID tests.

It also includes a “test-to-treat” feature that directs patients to locations where they can test for COVID and receive a newly approved Pfizer antiviral treatment at no cost. The administration says there are 2,000 such sites at pharmacies and other locations nationwide. There are 240 such sites meant for veterans at Veterans Affairs facilities.

“Now, with a click of a button, people will be able to find where to access all of these tools, as well as receive the latest CDC data on the level of COVID-19 in their community,” reads a statement released by the White House.

“The bottom line, no longer will Americans have to scour the internet to find vaccines, treatments, test formats,” said Biden in a televised announcement of the website. “It’s all there.”

Biden, 79, received his second COVID booster shot on camera following the announcement Wednesday.

This comes just a day after the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized second COVID-19 boosters for people 50 years and older.

The Biden administration is still pleading with Congress to steer more taxpayer dollars toward its effort to combat the virus, following calls from his State of the Union address earlier this month for $22.5 billion in additional spending.

Following the address, the president released his lengthy National COVID-19 Preparedness Plan designed to direct new funding toward the goal of reducing severe illness and death from COVID while keeping schools and businesses open.

White House officials have continued to warn of “dire” consequences if the funds are not approved. In its statement Wednesday, the White House notes measures it’s already had to take to draw back resources meant to combat the CCP virus.

“In the last two weeks, the administration has had to stop reimbursing health care providers for treating the uninsured, cancel monoclonal antibody orders and cut states’ supply, reduce orders of treatments for the immunocompromised and pull the U.S. out of line for future vaccine and next-generation treatment purchases,” the statement reads.

“If we fail to invest, we leave ourselves vulnerable if another wave of the virus hits,” Biden said Wednesday.

Additional spending for COVID-19 was ultimately left out of the $1.5 trillion omnibus bill approved by Congress on March 9 to fund government operations through September. Republicans voiced their opposition to additional investments while requesting an accounting of already approved pandemic relief funds.

The federal government has approved trillions in additional spending over the past two years meant to treat people for the virus and deal with economic hardships.

Nick Ciolino

Follow

Nick Ciolino covers the White House.



Source link

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

0FansLike
3,601FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles